The active ingredient of the drug is Vardenafil. The drug is mainly used to treat impotency or erectile dysfunction in men and also to boost sexual stimulation in females.
Uses of the drug:
The medicine is mainly used to treat impotency, erectile dysfunction and pulmonary hypertension. Erectile dysfunction happens when there is lack of strength and power to attain and maintain erection sexual intercourse.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by relaxing the muscles and improving the flow of blood by inhibiting the enzyme which is responsible for the blocking of the blood vessel. Because of this the blood vessel widens so that there is free flow of blood to the penis and this helps to maintain an erection.
Valif – 20 mg is manufactured by Micro Lab, India. You can buy Valif – 20 mg online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the form of a tablet and jelly in the following strength:
- Valif – 20 mg
- Valif Oral Jelly – 20 mg
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients
- Are below the age of 18 years
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are suffering from any kind of kidney or liver problem.
- Are suffering from any heart disease including heart failure in the past 6 months.
- Are taking any other medicines
- Are suffering from any other ailments
How much to take the drug?
The dosage of the medicine will depend on several factors and doctor will recommend the dose after taking into consideration several factors. The recommended dose is 10 mg to be taken orally. The dosage may either be increased to 20 mg or reduced to 5 mg depending on side effects and efficacy.
How to take the drug?
The medicine is to be taken by mouth with the help of a glass of water. The medicine is usually taken once a day. It is advisable to take the medicine as a whole and not to break or chew it.
For how long to take it?
The medicine is to be taken on a need basis. To get the best results it is to be taken one hour prior to sexual activity. Only one medicine should be taken within a span of 24 hours. The medicine should be taken for the prescribed period of time as per the recommendation of your doctor.
Overdose of the medicine should be avoided as it may lead to several side effects. The various symptoms of overdose of the medicine may include agitation, aggression, extreme drowsiness, shallow breathing, weakness, headache, vomiting, fainting and several other allergic symptoms. In case of overdose of medicine you must contact your doctor immediately.
Since the medicine is to be taken on a need basis, chances of missing the medicine is rare.
Side effects of the drug:
Some common side effects that can occur:
- Change in vision
- Memory loss
- Pain in the chest
- Decreased or loss of vision
- Severe dizziness
- Irregular heart beat
- Stomach disturbances
- Stuffy nose
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
Tell your doctor in case you suffer from the above side effects and if the side effects persist for long. This is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry place away from heat, light and moisture.
- It is advised to practice safe sex along with this medicine and also follow a positive lifestyle so as to get the best results.
- When taking this medicine it is advisable not to indulge in activity that requires lot of alertness such as driving or operating machinery as taking the medicine may result in dizziness.
- Do not take alcohol when using this medicine.
- The medicine is to be used with caution in older adults and elderly patients as well.
- Grapefruit juice and grapefruit should be avoided as much as possible when taking the medicine.